Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Photos from Sri Lanka - Part II

And here is Part 2 of our photos from Sri Lanka.  (Part 1 is here.)

Where the first 10 days of our trip were spent inland, exploring the cultural sites, hills, tea factories, national parks, etc., our last 10 days were spent in two locations on the coast: Tangalle and Hikkaduwa.  Here are some palms from Tangalle.


Still quite wild, this was the section of beach near our cottage in Tangalle.
Being near the coast also meant delicious seafood.  These two jumbo prawns were quite tasty...
Considering how numerous they are, I suppose should add 'the gratuitous tuk-tuk shot', here being enjoyed by my son.
While in Hikkaduwa we went diving, something I do not do in my regular life but love to do while traveling.  The diving we did in Sri Lanka was not spectacular from a marine life standpoint, but we did dive two shipwrecks, something which I've always wanted to do.  Here my wife explores the S.S. Conch, an iron-clad ship that sunk off the coast 100 years ago. (We left the kids with my brother-in-law for the day - ha ha!)
Dunhinda Waterfall - well worth the day trip.
My nephew out for a walk...
Yours truly on a walk with the kids...
The kids simply loved the beach....
Votive offerings on sale nearby a Buddhist temple.
But for as much fun as the kids had on the beach, we had to be very careful.  The waves were very powerful, and the riptide quite strong.  But for the adults, it was a fun, washing machine ride to play in.  Here I am with my brother-in-law about to be set to spin cycle...
A land monitor trundling along a brick wall.  This one was about one meter/one yard long.
My nephew and the joy of youth...
My children and still more joy of youth...

No comments:

Post a Comment